On the prole

The revolution as told to Robin S.C. Dodds

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Work notes, and Vonnegut

Saw Kurt Vonnegut on The Daily Show tonight. As always, like unto a god. The body is failing, the voice is shaky, but he's as insightful and prescient as ever. Will post a link to TDS transcript as soon as it’s on their site.
I’m hard at work on my novel. I hit a writing wall tonight – it’s been such a busy week, with PTSA, choir and children’s choir, two performances Sunday, Campfire, watching the neighbor’s kid, etc. etc. etc. – that I think I just couldn’t think no more. I’ve been writing at a frenetic pace. The rough draft should be complete by the end of next week at the latest, at which point I’ll sort of work backwards and make an outline. The synopsis is already complete. After I’m done with the outline, I’ll polish, polish, polish until I can’t see myself in it at all. Not that I really can right now. I don’t want to say much more about it; I’m afraid I’ll jinx myself, jinx the book’s chances, and I can’t have that. Watch this space.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site 
Meter All words c. 2005 Robin S.C. Dodds